“My daughter said she is beyond excited about her gifts. I mean she looooves her gifts, especially the blanket. Thank you for this; I am so grateful.”
The quote above comes from the mom of a 9-year-old girl who had a great birthday with help from our My Birthday Matters program. Thanks so much for your support of our mission. You’re making a real difference in the lives of people in need!
We wanted to let you know about our upcoming donation drive. On Sat., June 21, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., we will be accepting donations at our warehouse and also offering tours for those who would like to learn more about us. Please email us at email@example.com for our address.
• Brand-new items such as underwear and socks of all sizes; birthday candles; kids’ wrapping paper; coloring books; no-sew blanket kits or fleece; basketballs, soccer balls and footballs; art kits and art supplies, including paper. These items are for My Birthday Matters.
• Gently used household items and smaller appliances (no large furniture), as well as bedding, kitchen and bath items, TVs and microwaves. These items are for our Simple Household Needs program, the Cobb and Douglas County Community Services Board and for other agencies that help people coming out of homelessness or who are otherwise in need.
• Any lightly used children’s books for all ages. MUST Ministries will hand out the books during its summer lunch program.
• Pet food (can be opened bags) for a local teenager who has a mission of helping lower-income folks who own dogs and cats.
• Items for the Children’s Room at the YWCA of Northwest Georgia. Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page for a full description of what’s needed.
If you don’t have anything to donate at this time, you may contribute by sending in a check or donating online.
smile.amazon.com is a great way to support SNGA. Just sign up for the program and choose Simple Needs GA from the list. After that, AmazonSmile will donate to SNGA each time you make a purchase! Just remember to go to the smile.amazon.com portal before you do your shopping!
Check out how you can support us in similar fashion by signing up for Kroger Community Rewards!
You can also support us by using Goodsearch. Every online search you make turns into a donation to SNGA! Other options to help are GoodShop and GoodDining.
Lastly, if you are someone who loves yard sales, ask for donations from the sellers, especially if it’s near the end of the day. They might have items for our clients or the other agencies we support.
Thanks for your support of people in need!